Saturday, September 02, 2006

FatChyk Mama

Today my daughter asked me if it was funny (meaning strange) for a black girl (that's her) to play with white boys (that's the little dirty t-shirt, red-headed boy that lives down the street from my mom). I immediately went in to Free-to-be-me-and-you mode. "Of course it is honey. It's ok to play with anyone who you enjoy spending time with, who shares his toys, who is nice to you, etc. I know from looking at Little Red that he ain't nice. He looks like he steals icies from children's hands after school and then doesn't even eat them. Anyway, I lied for the sake of diplomacy all the while knowing that playing with white boys ain't always as fun as it may seem.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]